Cloud Engineer ( R-00085132 )
The Defense Group of Leidos has a current job opportunity for an experienced Cloud Engineer supporting the Cyber TRIDENT project. The candidate will guide the definition, implementation, and delivery of programs focused on modernizing a variety of software systems. The selected candidate will leverage their skills to provide their expertise in infrastructure provisioning and configuration and software deployment across the software development lifecycle.
The Cloud Engineer will be responsible for leveraging open-source and in-house tools to manage private and public cloud infrastructure via code, designing reusable infrastructure components for scalable, highly available, secure architectures for cloud-based applications. The Cloud Engineer will provide input and expertise to engineers to maintain alignments with best practices and recommending system improvements while overseeing the automated deployment, roll-back, and monitoring of applications into software development, test, and production environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- At least eight 8 years of experience performing Cloud infrastructure activities in a professional capacity.
- Experience managing production workloads.
- Experience working with Agile software development teams and implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Experience provisioning and managing resources within IaaS/Cloud infrastructures (e.g., Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Experience in cloud applications and architecture for designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, and reliable applications on cloud platforms (e.g., Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring cloud activity, designing applications, migrating them to the cloud, and defining computing loads.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills, including the ability to logically create structure and order from unstructured inputs.
- Self-starter that is able to work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams, customers, and senior leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain U.S. DoD Secret security clearance.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- Cloud certifications such as AWS Cloud Engineer or similar
- Professional cybersecurity certification such as CISSP, or similar