Lead Windows System Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The incumbent will be responsible for advanced system administration responsibilities in a Microsoft Windows environment. Incumbent will perform installs, maintenance, and upgrades of domain controllers, member servers and desktops.
- Will be responsible for engineering designs, development and implementation of domain policies, hardening, and related procedures regarding core infrastructures.
- Responsible for backup/restoration via NAS and SAN technologies, performance monitoring, access permissions, hardware and software installation, configuration and maintenance.
- Perform Tier III analysis and troubleshooting on network servers and workstations, LAN-based Internet connectivity, LAN-based security services, Microsoft Exchange and Outlook e-mail services and various software applications.
- Strong Microsoft SharePoint administration experience with some experience with Microsoft Exchange and Outlook e-mail services and various related software applications.
- Understands, adheres to, and implements overall department and corporate security policies. Works with various outside vendors for equipment selection and third-party application selection.
- Assists with software releases and monthly system maintenance. Incumbent must be well experienced with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS, Hyper-V, PowerShell, etc.
- Utilize knowledge of Exchange 2008-2012, 2008-2012 SQL Standard and Microsoft SUS. Knowledge with Symantec Antivirus, Symantec System Recovery, and NetBackup a plus.
- Work with Microsoft Office Suites, Project, Visio, and Lotus Domino. Incumbent should also have working knowledge of LANs, related communications protocols and basic knowledge of WAN protocols.
- On-Call 24X7 and minimal travel may be required (