Principal 5G Cloud Engineer ( 606754-1K )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
In this position, you will work on the next generation of Verizon Cloud Private Platform called Webscale that hosts applications in support of Verizon 5G customers and services. In order to perform this role, you will need to have some understanding of open-source container-orchestration also known as Kubernetes.
- This responsibility requires constant interaction with the platform lifecycle. In this role, you will be responsible for ME lab Webscale environment.
- You will lead the identification of automation requirements, the identification of the cases to automate and work with a team who will build based on requirements.
- You will be responsible for transitioning troubleshooting notes, logs, and meeting records into procedures that can be presented to operations for implementation in production. These procedures must be highly organized, detailed, and well-written in order for operations to implement.
- You will develop vendor relationships to ensure software release and patch addresses security vulnerabilities, code quality issues, bugs, etc. In addition, you will frequently develop material and present information to an audience, both of peers and leaders within Verizon. Drawing on expertise, develops material that is easily consumable, regardless of the audience’s technical expertise.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Experience with Cloud Architecture with the focus on Openshift/Kubernetes.
- Experience in Python and Ansible development languages.
- Experience with Cloud Architecture with the focus on Kubernetes.
- Experience with RedHat.
- Same Experience with Managing data center elements, hardware, software, power requirements.
- Experience and knowledge with Network automation and deployments methods.
- DNS Experience.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with TCP/IP, Routing and OSI 7-layer protocol.
- Experience with Git/Git flow.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.