Senior Cloud Engineer -Hybrid (111821325)
Optum, the fastest growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role
As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will be part of a team working at the intersection of financial services and health care to launch new cash flow solutions to drive broader, more equitable access to capital. You will be a subject matter expert in cloud engineering for the team, creating solutions to enable execution of machine-learning models in a public cloud environment. You should be familiar with data products and compute choices in the public cloud eco-system and understand how best to secure and manage these services in a high-availability environment.
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Dublin office and telecommuting from a home-based office.
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain cloud based systems
- Create and deploy infrastructure as code using Terraform to manage our cloud subscriptions.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines
- Resolve issues and provide technical assistance on the cloud-hosted environment
- Identify opportunities for improvement, optimize performance and scalability of existing solutions
- Collaborate with management, quality assurance, architecture, and other development teams to deliver against an agile roadmap of initiatives
- Build compliance ready solutions that meet SOC2, HITRUST certifications.
- IaC experience with either Cloud formation, Terraform, Powershell.
- Proven work experience as a Cloud Engineer or similar role
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Experience of managing public/private cloud technologies in a large-scale enterprise environment. (Azure preferred)
- Azure, AWS, and GCP certifications preferred
- Understanding of infrastructure as code, specifically Terraform
- Previous experience with Agile/SCRUM methodology/best practices
- Experience configuring data products (Databricks, Snowflake, datalake, etc. )
- Hands-on experience implementing CI/CD pipelines.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices, or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.