TMPS System Test Engineer Top Secret clearance required
Leidos is actively hiring for a TMPS System Test Engineer to join our team at the Washington Navy Yard.
The System Test Engineer will work in support of a Product Assurance contract with the US Navy Cruise Missile Project. The work will be performed on a component of the Theater Mission Planning Center (TMPC) segment of the Tomahawk Weapon System (TWS) located at the Washington Navy Yard. This position is for a Tomahawk Planning System (TPS) System Test Engineer to eventually transition into a test engineer at the TMPC-level.
- Will be the lead on doing requirements analysis; software design analysis, reviewing all specifications and updating or correcting as needed, user documentation inspection; develop test planning and the test execution (functional, integration, regression and more), evaluating the test results and submitting the reporting after completing the analysis, operational test scenario development, milestone review participation, and developing and executing site acceptance testing at multiple end-user locations as necessary.
- Domestic and some international travel may be required - possibly as high as 25% per year. Activities also include reviews and evaluation of products and processes and participation in various Engineering review boards.
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives.
- Develops solutions to technical problems that may require collaboration with internal experts. Regularly communicates with internal project team members, management, and external organizations and customers as necessary.
- Ensures project schedules and performance requirements are met.
- Works with customer and the team to developer specific objectives and creates process to integrate those objectives.
- Operational experience with Tomahawk Planning System (TPS) mission planning is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of software engineering, software programming, databases including SQL, system interface testing, and test automation is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field at minimum 4 years of related experience. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Proficiency in computer applications languages technologies and/or capabilities required for this position.
- Good technical writing and communication skills.
- Experience with verification and validation test activities including development of test cases and procedures, execution of test procedures, documentation of test issues, and test reporting.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.