Sr. Cloud Engineer - Data Lake
This role requires an experienced Cloud Engineer with significant DevOps experience. This role designs, develops, and implements a Cloud-based Master Data Management (MDM) architecture that software development teams can leverage to integrate with their services. This role works directly to implement teams to provide technical guidance and implementation priorities related to cloud implementation.
This role provides technical leadership and delivers an innovative product, service, or a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific requirements. Support the development of enterprise software solutions within AWS. Duties include developing innovative approaches and solutions, using non-quantitative tools and guidelines from past experiences. This role provides execution guidance and practical engineering support to mission teams working with the strategic guidance from the Cloud Engineering Lead. This role focuses on the development, design and integration of MDM or entity resolution capabilities within the context of a broader cloud-based data architecture.
• Significant experience in Cloud Technologies (specifically AWS) and infrastructure -as-code concepts
• Great oral and written communications skills
• Experience interacting with cross functional project teams including Software Development, System Engineering/ Verification and Validation, Security, Compliance and Quality Assurance
• Substantial experience working in Agile, SAFe, and Scrum environments
• Experience working with DevOps CI/CD related technologies and deployment automation techniques (e.g. Ansible, Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Confluence, Sonar Lint, and Junit)
• Knowledge of Software Configuration Management life cycle deliverables.
• Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience, or a Master’s Degree with 6-10 years of relevant experience.
• Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph
• Candidate must be a US Citizen
• AWS certifications
• Experience working with large scale data technologies (e.g. AWS Aurora, Elasticsearch, etc.)
• Experience working within a low to high development/deployment environment
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.