Senior System Engineer
Leidos is looking for a Senior System Engineer to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology. We are using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. The program provides system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support to a large, fast-paced program, and is developing infusing new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
A Senior System Engineer is needed to provide support for adding new capabilities to a complex system with exacting interface, performance and security requirements. The selected candidate will provide system engineering expertise in one or more of the following areas: architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data flow, network design/implementation, testing, and documentation for the system. He/she will analyze user requirements, system architecture, and system requirements specifications, and will provide systems engineering expertise and develop system architecture and system design documentation. Responsibilities include supporting and providing guidance for system development and implementation planning through assessment of system engineering plans and system integration and test plans. He/she will support the development of system configuration documentation, including designs for capacity and performance planning and will perform engineering activities, including risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system related issues and concerns. He/she will help define task success criteria and test procedures.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- The selected candidate will provide guidance and support for system engineering of large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of a large complex network environment with geographically distributed components.
- He/she will interface with program management, system and software integration engineers, test engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment.
- He/she will be responsible for implementing system engineering practices to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks.
- The selected individual will be responsible for communicating with and effectively collaborating with internal technical professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer organizations when necessary.
- The systems engineer will actively participate in program increment planning and related agile team activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related field and at least 12 years of related experience, or a Doctorate and at least 10 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- At least three (3) years of experience designing and developing large integrated classified systems.
- Must have demonstrated experience in several of the following areas: system architecture, design, and development, requirements analysis, data flow design/analysis, network design/implementation, testing, technical system documentation.
- Must have experience analyzing user requirements, system architecture, and/or system requirements specifications.
- Must possess a solid understanding of secure systems engineering and development.
- Must have software development or shell scripting experience.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Must be capable of performing systems engineering activities in support of agile teams.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
- Past experience using CAMEO a plus.
- Model based systems engineering experience a plus.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology or as a member of an agile team.
- Experience with technical documentation development.
- Past Behavior Driven Development (BDD) or Test Driven Development (TDD) experience a strong plus
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.