Cloud Security Engineer (IAM)- Remote
The Cloud Security Engineer will lead the design, deployment, and operationalization of the Cloud security posture of UnitedHealth Group, with a focus on enabling effective and efficient incident response. This role will be a primary contributor to the Cloud Alignment Team that governs enterprise-wide cloud security strategy, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) and will work with operational teams and specialists within the Cloud Service Provider guilds to determine strategic and tactical approaches; focused on Identity and Access Management security solutions in an enterprise intra/internet facing environment.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working with internal Cyber Defense, Security Engineering, business customers and systems owners to enhance cloud security capabilities and help develop custom solutions to security gaps in visibility/capability
- Excellent communication skills capable of addressing various stakeholders (developers, business end users, senior management)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to address real-time production issues and restore service from an operations stand-point.
- Identify recurring problems and automated solutions to help scale and expand
- Analyze and gather requirements and design solutions with stakeholders. Provide security support, monitoring, and support of platform technologies
- Identify complementary technology opportunities to provide solutions for directory services and web access management
- Develop authentication flow diagrams to illustrate authentication complexities and interactions
- Represent Cyber Development and Engineering in enterprise-wide leadership groups focused on cloud initiatives
- Work effectively across security, engineering, and architecture functions within the organization to affect change and enhance security strategies.
- Design and develop strategies for security logging and monitoring that involve security and engineering customers
- Identify methods to implement or modify security solutions to better protect the enterprise from cyber threats
- Proactively explore emerging technologies and their potential impact on security teams, from the perspective of securing and protecting those technologies
- Recommend and coordinate security strategies across teams, influencing senior leadership
- 3 or more years experience with a combonation of the following: IAM, Web Access Management, Federation, multi-factor authentication security, SAML and/ or OIDC.
- 3 or more years of experience on integration with a variety of enterprise applications, platforms and utilities
- 3 or more years of Information Technology support experience in large, complex multi-server environment
- 2 or more years experience with enterprise deployments of cloud native security technologies
- 1 or more years experience in Azure Active Directory engineering
- Knowledge of cloud (private/public/hybrid) and container technologies
- 3 or more years experience in Cybersecurity or Security Operations
- Experience in Amazon Web Services and/ or Google Cloud Platform
- Any experience with: multi-factor authentication, IDP, FIDO, OAuth, Kusto Query Language, Imperva, WAF
- Experience with Splunk performing security related analysis of logs
- Expert knowledge in information technology, including security architecture, protocols, software development lifecycle, DevOps principles, and serverless infrastructure
- Knowledge of programing and scripting such as Python or Powershell
- Knowledge of red team, penetration testing, compliance frameworks (HIPAA, PCI, SOX, HITRUST) and security assessments
- Information security background and related certifications
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.