System Performance Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Our success depends on the quality of our network. We expect great things for our system, and you’ll be using performance tools, drive data and trouble ticket reports to spot problem areas and recommend solutions. Help us deliver on our promise to customers - the ability to make and maintain clear, uninterrupted connections.
- Analyzing our network’s capacity and coverage, and looking for ways to make improvements.
- Performing all RF performance activities required to support the network build program (new cells, carrier additions, equipment migrations, etc.).
- Developing and implementing various system performance improvement plans. Specifically maximize the ability to connect to the network and improve the ability to retain a network connection without interruption.
- Recommending and evaluating the impact of new cells.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting system problems.
- Coordinating intersystem optimization.
- Implementing network directives and features per company objectives.
- Analyzing baseline results, identify gaps and find solutions to resolve issues working with other groups such as RF planning and Deployment teams.
- Programming languages Java Script, CPP, Ruby, PHP, and SQL.
- Identifying causes of RF interference, make recommendations and provide solutions for reducing interference.
- Providing E2E network troubleshooting.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in electrical engineering.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry with network optimization experience.
- Experience in RF propagation tools and radio test equipment.
- Knowledge of intermodulation, distortion, interference detection, and mitigation techniques.
- Knowledge of antenna characteristics and antenna system design.
- Knowledge of 5G, LTE and VoLTE.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.