Lead Cloud Engineer - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Our team provides Analytic Application development and support, Business Intelligence Solutions, Custom Reporting, and Consulting for Optum Payment Integrity. We provide data analytic development services that identify overpayments or recoveries for Data Mining, Coordination of Benefits (COB), Fraud Waste Abuse and Error (FWAE), and Subrogation. This position will develop new analytics, enhance existing analytics, and maintain and improve the applications that support these analytics using bigdata tools, Azure, Pyspark, SCALA technology stack. You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, code, test, document, and maintain high-quality and scalable Big Data, Cloud solutions
- Design, develop and implement analytics rules engines
- Research, evaluate, and deploy new tools, frameworks, and patterns to build sustainable Big Data platform
- Identify gaps and opportunities for improvement of existing solutions
- Define and develop APIs for integration with various data sources in the enterprise
- Analyze and define customer requirements
- Assist in defining product technical architecture
- Make accurate development effort estimates to assist management in project and resource planning
- Create prototypes, proof-of-concepts & design and code reviews
- Collaborate with management, quality assurance, architecture, and other development teams
- Write technical documentation and participate in production support
- Keep skills up to date through ongoing self-directed training
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 12+ years of IT work experience
- 8+ years of experience in hands-on software development
- 3+ years of experience in development with SCALA Spark or Pyspark
- 2+ years of experience in Azure cloud platform
- 2+ years of experience in Bigdata tools. i.e. Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, Spark, Kafka Streaming, Docker, and/or Kubernetes
- 2+ years of experience in MySQL and NoSQL databases (ideally Cassandra/HBase)
- 2+ years of experience with Agile/Scrum methodology and best practices
- 1+ years of experience in scheduling tools, such as ADF/Airflow
- Data analysis experience
- Functional testing experience
- Healthcare industry experience
- Understanding of SOA (service-oriented architecture) concepts
- Excellent analysis, process, problem solving and critical thinking skills
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.