Systems Engineer Level 3 – UX/IU SME
Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support and more! If this sounds like the kind of place where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Systems Engineer in the Annapolis Junction, MD area.
Leidos is a subcontractor on a large, multi-year contract that develops, integrates deploys, and sustains large collection systems. The work is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. We provide exceptional service to our customer in an area in which we have deep incumbent knowledge.
Significant requirements include Mission Management, Operations, and Sustainment activities. The team will provide 24x7x365 support to multiple Operations Teams and will feature 1st/2nd/3rd Party Partner Engagement.
The ideal candidate will be a senior level contributor who has an understanding of hyperscalers, data centers, and potential vulnerabilities at scale.
The System Engineer Level 3:
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities.
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- Incorporates new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing operations.
- Develops technical documentation.
- Develops system Architecture and system design documentation.
- Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
- Interacts with the Government regarding System Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
- Has ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the System Engineering area of responsibility.
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
- Twenty (20) years experience as a SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
Pay Range:Pay Range $122,200.00 - $220,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.