Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a high level Systems Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides alert, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The RF and EW Threat Systems Development Department has a diverse portfolio of projects and programs which specialize in foreign threat radar systems, RF software-in-the-loop (SIL) and hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) simulators, and open-air radar development. The candidate selected for this position will support projects for the Defense Intelligence Community, military, and large prime contractors.
The Systems Engineer will be promoting the Laboratory, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) Production and Sustainment program. Duties include performing systems requirements evaluation, functional studies, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance. The candidate will promote development of innovative approaches, solutions, and architecture development. Frequent interaction with the customer through in-process reviews, customer visits and demonstrations are part of the role.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering (or related technical discipline) from an ABET accredited institute and four (4+) years of relevant work history is needed. If candidate has an MS in a related field two (2+) years of relevant work history is needed.
- A demonstrated working knowledge of radar fundamentals (familiarity with X-band radar a plus).
- Familiarity in Microsoft Visual Studio, MATLAB, C++ language and hardware / software in the loop systems.
- Familiarity with software development, integration, and test and as well as requirements development and verification (modeling and simulation background a plus).
- Materials, production, and configuration management history is needed.
- Prior work with Open Air Range integration
- The ideal candidate will have hands-on work in developing, documenting, and executing test processes and procedures for electronic and electromechanical products.
- Knowledge in implementing risk and engineering change management.
- Candidate will work with a multi-disciplinary team to develop and implement test procedures and test platforms for a wide variety of hardware. Systems to be tested include analog, mixed-signal, and RF applications. This position will provide the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate will promote tasks such as review and approval of engineering drawings, bills of materials, and creating work instructions; participation in design reviews; and design and execution of manufacturing test activities.
- Candidate will be needed to work closely with integration teams to ensure HW/SW design for testability has been considered.
- Develop use case definitions, capability roadmaps, and overarching guidance.
- Develop and maintain Architecture Definition, Documentation and Planning
- Ability to partner with customer, stakeholders, subcontractors, and integrator team members to bring solution options and drive decisions on the way ahead to meet customer needs.
- Resolves highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning, and interpretation.
- Comprehend competitor and teammate technology competencies.
- Review and assess vendor and subcontractor technology solutions.
Candidates will be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- An MS in electrical engineering or computer engineering is preferred but not required.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,250.00 - $146,875.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/01/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.