System Configuration Management Engineer ( R-00043530 )
Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is seeking a System Configuration Management Engineer to support our United States Strategic Command Systems Engineering & Integration (USSTRATCOM SE&I) customer. Our customer serves as principal enterprise systems engineering, enterprise architecture, cyber resilience, and technical authority for the Nuclear C3 Enterprise (NEC) within DoD and oversee systems engineering and integration for the entire nuclear C3 Enterprise.
Location: Work performed at Ft Meade, MD (DISA Headquarters).
***LOCAL Teleworking authorized during COVID-19 customer building restrictions***.
Clearance: Active Final Top Secret required/SCI preferred. Those holding TS/SCI will be given first consideration.
In this role you will:
• Identify the systems and their evolutionary schedules that comprise National Leadership Command Capability (NLCC) and define the Configuration Items (CIs) at the NLCC functional level.
• Develop recommendations for the overall implementation strategy, management and execution processes and configuration management tools.
• Implement CM process to collect and manage configuration changes of NLCC configuration items and raise issues through the NLCC Executive Management Board (EMB) structure as required.
• Develop and/or mature the NLCC CM Plan, Process, and Execution as well as maintain the NLCC Baseline Configuration Items, and NLCC Information Repository/Enterprise Model.
• Technical Engineering Degree; Master of Science or higher preferred with 10-12 years of experience. Bachelor's Degree and 12-15 years of work experience may be considered in lieu of Master's Degree.
• 10-12 years of experience with supporting complex, large DoD communications “system-of-systems” configuration management portfolios.
• Demonstrated experience applying CM principles to analyze CM requirements and develop CM processes within a “system-of-systems” infrastructure context under modern architecture development, collaborative/capability services, and incremental acquisition development constructs.
• Familiarity with CM aspects of the Department of Defense (DOD) acquisition processes for systems, software, and hardware under the DOD Architecture Foundation (DODAF).
• Experience and/or familiarity with configuration management standards.
• Understand CM / SE process for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life.
NC3External Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top SecretTravel:Yes, 25% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Configuration ManagementPay Range: