Cloud Engineer ( R-00053609 )
Leidos currently has an opening for a Cloud Services Engineer specializing in cloud services infrastructure engineering and implementation. The ideal candidate will provide end-to-end solution expertise to determine the best architecture and cloud services to meet the business requirements.
This is an exciting opportunity to leverage technical expertise in support of geographically dispersed cloud customers. Responsibilities includes the support of cloud initiatives to include centralized onboarding of cloud customers, the design and implementation of new solutions, operational support of cloud solutions, corporate cloud initiatives and engagements as well as providing cloud surge and issue support.
The Cloud Engineer will be responsible for architecting cloud solutions and implementing networking and security best practices. This person will work closely with business units and cloud vendors to gather requirements and design, price, and migrate systems to the cloud. This candidate will provide daily monitoring, management, troubleshooting and issue resolution to systems and services hosted on cloud resources.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Cloud Architecture Design and implementation
- Migration of systems to hybrid or cloud-based solutions
- Cloud based Web and database configuration, migration and implementation
- DevOps scripting and coding
- System troubleshooting, performance tuning and optimization
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and 2+ years prior relevant experience, additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong AWS, Microsoft Azure architecture design experience.
- Extensive experience and hands-on knowledge across the catalog of cloud technologies.
- Extensive experience supporting software development projects utilizing cloud technologies. Past roles may include systems architect, software developer, and/or systems engineer.
- Strong experience designing, building, maintain, and securing cloud resources for high-availability and production level systems and services.
- Experience migrating systems to hybrid or fully cloud-based solutions.
- Unix / Linux /Windows experience.
- Scripting and coding knowledge.
- Database engineering and design for storage-based and transactional applications.
- Network troubleshooting including cloud networking capabilities and security protocols.
- Extensive experience with the AWS CLI.
- Prior development in formal software language required.
- At least 3 years’ experience with developing/designing/implementing complex solutions in the cloud.
- AWS Associate Architect certification, AWS Pro level certification, Microsoft solutions Architect: 70-534, 70-535 or equivalent, AZ- 300.
- Extensive systems and networking experience using AWS services from initial deployment and/or through migration from on premise systems
- Multi-node clustering experience using Linux, CentOS, or other UNIX based platforms
- At least 3 years’ experience building workloads in AWS Gov Cloud, Microsoft Gov Cloud and public cloud