Cloud Engineer ( R-00053798 )
Leidos is seeking candidates for the position of Cloud Engineer supporting the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) in Bethesda, MD. As the Nation’s public health agency, HRSA’s mission is to provide direct and indirect resources to see to the health care needs of the medically under-served in the United States. In order to do so, HRSA requires extensive data on population, income, existing health care resources, the health workforce, as well as various other types of contextual data.
The candidate will serve as a cloud engineer in a team environment standup three (3) environments (Dev, Test, Production) in Amazon Cloud in support of Telehealth system, perform AWS configuration and patching, ensure 99.9% available is met, establish standard operating procedures and implement and use automated tools to monitor infrastructure and security of website. The candidate is expected to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment with good communication and interpersonal skills to work in a customer-focused team environment. Candidate will be a member of an experienced project team.
Qualifications the candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years’ experience with building, deploying, managing, and operating cloud solutions
- Experience with Amazon cloud services and managing AWS frameworks using infrastructure as code (IaC) with Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with CloudFront and Lambda @ Edge
- Experience with automated tools for monitoring AWS – such as Amazon CloudWatch, SNS, Kinesis, CloudTrail, and Config
- Experience with Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS) and containerization
- Experience working within Linux and comfortable using the terminal
- Establishing standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and in a team;
- Flexible and able to adapt to new processes and requirements in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage workload within multiple projects, delivering results within agreed deadlines;
- Knowledge of ATO/RMF process
- Knowledge of STIG requirements
- Knowledge of disaster recovery
- Experience with Terraform, strongly preferred
- Experience with Node.js and python preferred
- Experience with Docker
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status and the ability to pass a background investigation is required. Candidates will be required to sign and adhere to data use agreements on an annual basis.
hhsnihExternal Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:Yes, 50%Clearance Level Required:Public TrustTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Software EngineeringPay Range: