Cloud Engineer ( R-00059472 )
The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group has an opening for a Cloud Engineer. This role is primary remote.
This contract includes the Cloud Migrations life cycle including development, testing, deployment and release management leveraging DevSecOps.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and implement cloud-first and AWS native architectures
- Leverage knowledge and skills associated with AWS Console, CLI, and Managed Services
- Build Infrastructure As Code (IaC) and utilize Cloud-native and shared services in an automated fashion
- Implement DevSecOps including auto-scaled architectures for rebuilds
- Design, develop, configure and manage mixed Windows and Linux environments
- Use Modern coding principles, continuous integration pipelines, and automation-first implementations
- Develop system interfaces on the Cloud and leverage messaging infrastructure
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline w/ 4-8 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree in a related discipline w/ 2 years. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- DoD SECRET clearance
- Experience with cloud-first and AWS native architectures
- Experience with AWS Console, CLI, and manage services utilizing cloud services to build IaC in an automated fashion
- Provisioning, configuring, managing AWS services such as VPC/Subnet/Security Group, EC2, ECS, CLI, S3, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Lambda, Config and IAM.
- Designing and monitoring the enterprise-wide scalable operations in AWS Cloud environments.
- Experience with IaC frameworks such as Cloud Formation and Terraform; and Programming languages such as Java, C# or Python
- Experience with migrating workloads to the cloud
- Ability to interact positively, collaborate and communicate appropriately with team members
- Knowledge in complex application integration
- Multi cloud management
- Understanding of current and emerging technologies across multiple domains including network, database, endpoint, virtual computing, cloud computing, ML, and AI
- AWS certifications, like associates and developer
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification