Senior Cloud Engineer ( 566201-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As the business continues to drive Orchestration as the standard for all deployments in VCP (Verizon Cloud Platform), it is important the platform and supporting tools are supported and operated in a manner to meet the business demand. This position is part of the Virtual Network Operations & Engineering (VNOE) team and will be responsible for the reliability, performance, and security of several components in the VSOP (Verizon Service Orchestration Platform) ecosystem.
You will be a critical piece in supporting the components that will enable the ability to support network slicing, the rollout of 5G at scale, and deployment of services across the Verizon network.
- Provide operational support for CNF/VNF owners deploying through Orchestration.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams and/or the vendor to provide solutions in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance in the implementation of complex solutions in an Openstack environment.
- Find creative solutions to drive efficiencies through process improvement and/or automation.
- Identify deficiencies and work with the vendor and/or team to develop a solution in a DevOps manner.
Where you'll be working...
This role is based out of Branchburg, NJ; Southlake, TX; Ashburn, VA; Cary, NC; Colorado Springs, CO; Temple Terrace, FL as lsited in the posting. In this role, you'll have a defined work location that included work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
An individual able to perform in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to utilize their skills and/or leverage the available resources to make decisions in the best interest of the business.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of work experience.
- Experience with Linux systems.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% or less.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent.
- Openstack certified.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience developing REST based web services.
- Ability to quickly analyze situations, identify problems, and provide solutions.
- Experience with automation tools (Ansible, Chef, and Puppet).
- Experience with deploying and supporting BIG-IP DNS and LTM.
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages (Python, PHP, Shell, Ruby, Perl).
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking, load balancing, firewalls, HTTP, SSL, DNS, and DHCP.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).