Senior Cloud Engineer ( 583143-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Enterprise Shared Platforms group at Verizon is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to improve the reliability of our current CICD platform. Duties include assessing the current CICD state against industry best practices, crafting a plan for a future state, and driving execution by direct influence and individual performance. We run all our platforms in AWS so there’s plenty of room to grow your career.
- Front-line support with an on-call rotation spread across the team.
- Proactive monitor and preparedness exercises such as Disaster Recovery and High Availability testing.
- Deploy code to production.
- Software development projects to reduce toil and automate common support tasks.
- Work across the larger Verizon IT organization to secure buy-in from Security, TechOps teams, vendors and Governance.
- Lead complex upgrade efforts in AWS adhering to best practices such as Well-Architected Framework.
- Expand the scope of CICD to include Kubernetes based controllers / agents including architecting the full solution for Enterprise-wide build and deploy capabilities.
This position is open to US based personnel located near one of our offices in MA, NJ, FL MD, GA, and TX.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to be on-call, as part of a regular support rotation.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science.
- AWS Certification (Developer, SA, or DevOps).
- Ten or more years in Enterprise IT, specifically in IT operations or platforms, especially Gitlab and Jenkins.
- Experience in developing automation using Python, Java, Ansible or similar DevOps languages.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Cloud Architecture including security practices.
- AWS (EC2, EBS, S3, Lambda, IAM, Autoscaling, EKS).
- Monitoring tools: New Relic and or Prometheus/Grafana.
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).