Aircraft Integration System Engineer ( R-00063517 )
The C4ISR Solutions, Maritime Systems Division, has an immediate opening for an Aircraft Integration Systems Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to use your skills and experience in the development and integration of a critical warfighting capability. As the Aircraft Integration Systems Engineer, you will work alongside our government customer ensuring the successful delivery of this vital capability.
- Manages technical, cost, and schedule trade space to support aircraft and sensor integration activities, to include design, production, and sustainment of airborne systems
- Ensure proper engineering processes are used and managed to effectively execute technical tasks and products (including technical data bases such as the system design configuration)
- Develop high-level schedules and manage priorities for engineering tasks
- Develops and manages requirements, including all acquisition planning and documentation development
- Leads and manages SOW development, technical evaluations, and technical assessments of project progress
- Identifies technical opportunities across the IPT portfolio
- Provide engineering input on designs, design changes (ECPs), deficiency resolution, TCMs, and GFE requirements
- Develops and manages Risks and Opportunities
- Coordinates with NAVAIR in management and execution of the Airworthiness/Interim Flight Clearance process
- Coordinates with vendors to resolve technical issues
- Works with team to define and implement best practices
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Ability to identify requirements and to define, plan, and implement requisite solutions
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize tasks, and complete assigned projects with minimal supervision
- Strong technical writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, and the ability to work as part of a team
- Recent experience with rapid development and prototyping acquisitions, such as Other Transactional Agreements (OTAs)
- 3 years of experience supporting NAVAIR programs
- Experience with MBSE tools and development, with an emphasis on DOORS if possible