Senior Cloud Engineer
Salary - with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
As a Senior Cloud Engineer you’ll join our growing software development and infrastructure community. This team are at the centre of driving innovative solutions and proposing new software development practices for our company. The successful candidate will be working across multiple digital transformation programmes, including the transformation of the UK’s biometrics platform to cloud for one of our key customers. This is a fully remote role but the candidate will be expected to make client visit on an ad-hoc basis.
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Your role will include
Working under supervision of Lead engineer, but with areas of specific responsibility to own as a senior engineer:
- Work package management (Technical)
- Processing and filtering request from various Leidos teams
- Tracking, chaining and reporting on progress of requests with the build team
- Status reporting - Collecting and documenting progress of work from the team
- Reporting status to Lead engineer / programme manager
- Reporting status to customer.
- Customer focus - Tracking customer progress where there are dependencies for deliveries of change.
- Forward looking – With project / programme manager and Lead Engineer- Track the project plan and ensure the team are delivering as per the proposed Contributing to and reviewing build documents created by the team- e.g. step-by-step install guides
- Documenting BAU process and procedures (Confluence)
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
· IaaS, PaaS, Hybrid Cloud
· Configuring Azure services and integrating into Azure AD. Leveraging PaaS services
· Azure Monitor, Sentinel, Backup to deliver best practice monitoring and management.
· CI/CD infrastructure pipelines.
· Design, Build and Operate.
· Producing Agile delivery documentation.
· DevOps experience advantageous.
YOU WILL ALSO HAVE USED:
· Windows Server 2019
Clearance to Start SC
Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
• Dynamic Working: https://www.leidos.com/sites/g/files/zoouby166/files/2019-11/PDF-Dynamic-Working-Leidos-UK.pdf
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.