AWS Cloud Engineer (999)
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
The Pearson Higher Education SRE team is looking for an AWS Cloud engineer to accelerate our migration from legacy data centers to the cloud. As an AWS Cloud Engineer, you will work with a team of architects, multi-functional teams of DevOps engineers, and developers to create highly redundant and scalable systems using the latest and greatest AWS services.
- Work with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal AWS cloud-based solutions.
- Optimize performance, scale out and build resiliency in the platform.
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems, and ensure permanent closure of incidents.
- Contribute to developing best practices for Infrastructure as Code, software build tools, and Continuous Integration.
- Run, operate, and upkeep Pearson Cloud systems.
- Administration of Cloud services, monitoring, logging, and alerting.
- Support automation services and scripting for cloud deployment and migrations.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on AWS platforms.
- Strong understanding of the following AWS Services; EC2, ECS, IAM, Cloudwatch, Lambda, RDS, CloudFront, ECR, S3, EFS, Route53
- Cloudformation or Terraform
- Provisioning experience with Ansible, Chef, Packer, etc.
- Experience automating tasks and services with Python, NodeJS, and/or bash
- Experience with UNIX/Linux Operating Systems
- Understanding and experience with the five pillars of well-architected frameworks.
- Experience in monitoring cloud-based systems using tools like NewRelic, CloudWatch, Datadog, etc.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Familiarity with agile software development lifecycle. - Jira
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools like Git, Gitlab/GitHub.
- Experience with one or more programming skills like Java, Ruby & Golang.
- Experience in designing, analyzing, and solving large-scale distributed systems.
- Strong Knowledge of networking protocols and cybersecurity best practices in a cloud environment
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines –w/ Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus, etc.
- AWS Solution Architect certification is a plus
- Experience with containers – Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: Corporate Strategy & Technology
Req ID: 999