Principal Cloud Engineer ( 584447-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will be responsible for Verizon Cloud Platform (VCP) Engineering solutions. Verizon Cloud Platform (VCP) is the directional virtualization infrastructure used to support mission-critical network functions like 4G/5G wireless applications and platforms openstack/openshift (kubernetes). We are looking for a dynamic and collaborative individual who will aid in the evolution of VCP Engineering.
- Engineering of Storage Solutions (architecture, design and administration) for virtualized environments (openstack and openshift).
- Creation of Method of Procedures (MOPs) - detailing implementation of changes.
- Developing automation to support deployment and operations teams.
- Development/Maintenance of internal tools.
- Documentation of the engineered platform including design, features, etc.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working as a Storage Architect, Designer and Administrator.
- Experience working with NetApp OnTap Storage (hardware and software).
- Experience writing implementation procedures (MOPs).
- Experience with storage client protocols (nfs, iscsi).
- Experience with storage lifecycle (implementation, upgrades, augments and decommission).
- Performance Testing (compute, storage and network) in a virtualized environment.
- Experience with Redhat Linux.
- Experience with Python/Ansible automation development /maintenance / debugging.
- Experience with Unix Shell Scripting (BASH).
- Experience Linux systems administration (prefer in Virtualized environment).
- Willingness to travel.
Even better to have:
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to work with Planning, Application Operations, Maintenance engineering and other cross functional teams and ability to work independently on complex tasks.
- Experienced working with EMC VNX / Redhat CEPH storage solutions.
- Redhat Openstack OSP10/ OSP13 / OSP16 experience.
- Kubernetes Administration.
- Openstack Deployment include TripleO templates (Openstack Newton, Queens, Train).
- Redhat Openshift Deployment experience.
- Experience with GITLAB CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience working with KVM, libvirt or other virtualization technology.
- Experience with networking concepts and protocols (include SDN, NFV, Nuage).
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).