Cloud Engineer - TS/SCI w/Poly Required ( R-00074571 )
Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a pro-active Cloud Engineer to provide mission critical system support to our customer. As a Cloud Engineer on this program, you will design, develop, and implement a Cloud-Native Service architecture that software development teams can leverage to move services to use native cloud capabilities. This role works directly with implementation teams to provide technical guidance and implementation priorities related to cloud implementation
This role provides technical leadership and delivers an innovative product, service, or a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific requirements.
Support the development of enterprise software solutions within AWS.
Duties include developing innovative approaches and solutions, using non-quantitative tools and guidelines from past experience.
This role provides execution guidance and practical engineering support to mission teams working with the strategic guidance from the Cloud Engineering Lead.
- Extensive experience in Cloud Technologies and infrastructure -as-code concepts.
- Understanding of aspects of architect and design enterprise cloud solutions and AWS.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Extensive experience interacting with cross functional project teams including Software Development, System Engineering/ Verification and Validation, Security, Compliance and Quality Assurance.
- Extensive experience working in Agile, SAFe, and Scrum environments.
- Extensive experience working with DevOps CI/CD related technologies (Azure DevOps, Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Confluence, Sonar Lint, and Junit.
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management life cycle deliverables.
- In-depth experience with AWS Console, CLI, and manage services utilizing cloud services to build infrastructure as a code in an automated fashion
- Candidate must have BS degree with 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Minimum of one AWS Certification from the AWS Associate level (AWS Certified Architect Associate, AWS Certified Developer Associate, or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate)
- At least 2 years of C2S experience
- Cloud formation
- Server less architectures and implementations
- Big data solutions for data lake implementations (Elasticsearch)
- Managing complex Sponsor relationships and requirements gathering
- Experience with migrating workloads to the cloud
- Injecting detailed technical direction into teams for adoption