Infrastructure & Cloud Engineer ( R-00074404 )
Infrastructure & Cloud Engineer
Salary – 44,500.00 - 56,750.00 with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Are you an Infrastructure Engineer interested in new technology and trends with a strong track record in Infrastructure Support and Deployment? Would you like to be part of a growing Operational Support team?
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The preferred candidate will demonstrate effective application of Infrastructure & Cloud expertise and extensive knowledge across a variety of technologies such as AWS and Microsoft Azure Cloud Platforms, Microsoft Windows Server Environments, Virtualized Environments, Microsoft Stack Technologies, Networking Technologies and Data Storage Technologies. A keen interest or experience in supporting environments operating under DevOps methodologies would be advantageous.
The role will provide technical exposure variance across both outcomes based project activities and Operational (Business as Usual) support activities. The duties of the role also include providing remote and on-site support with the expectation of levels of travel within Scotland. There is also a requirement to provide out of hours on call support within a shared service.
Your passions and experience will help you become a technical specialist and process owner with our Operations Support services including service improvement and add further value to our service offerings. You will be expected to contribute towards the creation and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation and provide material to support the Project work or the Operational Support service.
Your role will include
- Analyse, develop and implement configurations and solutions based on requirements whilst adhering to Engineering governance and best practice.
- Identify and apply innovative technologies to update existing middleware.
- Create and maintain documentation for installations, changes and upgrades.
- Train Junior Software Engineers on updates and new installations.
- Coordinate with vendors and support team on problem resolution, design issues and upgrades.
- Perform troubleshooting, incident response, and patching in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in timely and accurate manner to improve application performance and functionality.
- Develop and implement strategies for migration, consolidation and upgrade of middleware components.
- Evaluate system architecture and make recommendations as required.
- Develop and implement standard processes and procedures for installation, maintenance and enhancement of applications.
- Drive continuous improvements in your area of expertise
- Collaborating with and influencing colleagues, internal stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers, ensuring timely delivery of solutions which support the business
- As the programme turns to transformation, help to transform the systems to be operational in AWS cloud.
- Be aware of the future pipeline and keep yourself current in the latest technologies
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
We are looking for someone with a passion for infrastructure, ideally from an Operational Support services background with experience in cloud hosted and privately hosted environments. You will be self-motivated and be able to work autonomously to achieve day to day objectives with significant results on project or operational deliverables. Whilst also owning a variety of activities ensuring compliance with project milestones and customer KPI’s and SLA’s. You must be an effective communicator, comfortable directly engaging with customers and colleagues. You must also demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to technical challenges.
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- Have excellent knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure;
- Have excellent knowledge of Virtualized Environments such as VMware and Hyper-V;
- Have excellent knowledge of Windows Server Environments, from Server 2003 – 2016, including OS build, AD, DNS, DHCP and GP from design to implementation and support;
- Have good general knowledge of Networking Technologies including load balancing and firewalls;
- Have good general knowledge of Microsoft Stack technologies such as MS SQL, MS System Centre, Office365, MS Exchange & CLI tooling such as PowerShell;
- Have good general knowledge of SAN Storage Technologies;
- Have an understanding on DevOps source control (Git etc);
- Have experience of DevOps tooling including Terraform, Ansible & Jenkins;
- Have an understanding of the Atlassian product suite;
- Have experience of containerisation concepts and tools such as Docker and Kubernetes (AKS);
- Have general knowledge of Linux operating systems and their maintenance;
- Have excellent analysis and problem solving skills, taking ownership of complex incidents ensuring these are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer;
- Possess excellent communication skills;
- Have experience of producing and updating technical documentation to a high standard;
Be experienced working within ITIL framework particularly around change control.
Clearance to Start BPSS
Clearance for Role BPSS
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.Pay Range: