Jr Cyber Operator
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. Leidos is seeking a Jr Cyber Operator for a position as part of a team supporting the National Nuclear Security Administration in Las Vegas, Nevada area. This is an onsite position, no full-time telework allowed. The Jr Cyber Operator will with support staff to the Federal lead help with site evaluations, perform cybersecurity programmatic and technical evaluations. The evaluations may include, but are not limited to, Site Evaluations and Inspections, Cybersecurity Oversight Reviews, Command Cyber Readiness Inspections, Red Team, Blue, Team, and other type of inspections as required.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world.
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Knowledge of penetration testing best practices and tool usage
- Capable of working within guidance to safely support penetration testing operations as part of a managed team
- Detailed knowledge of web application and network based pentesting security tools
- Maintain DISA training and certification requirements.
- Conduct and/or participate in red team site assessments.
- Conduct and/or participate in web services and application assessments including code reviews, web server assessments, and security configurations within 60 days of the request. These shall be conducted remotely with a standard tool set using a standard configuration to provide a baseline across the enterprise assessment reports.
What Sets You Apart:
- BA/BS degree and 1 year of prior relevant experience, add'l experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Familiar with the management, operational, and technical aspects of IT Security in a complex environment.
- Experience working with industry-standard cybersecurity methodologies and processes
- Experience with any three of the seven tools listed: Kali Linux, Metaspoilt, Burp suite, Cobalt Strike, Tenable Nessus, Web Inspect, Scuba, App detective.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- Have at least one of the following certifications: GPEN, GWAPT, GISF, GXPN, OSCP, OSCE, OSWP, OSEE, CISSP, CEH
- US Citizen
- Q or TS Clearance.
You Might Also Have:
- Prior System Administrator experience a plus.
- Previous IT experience is preferred.
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $96,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.