Machine Operator - C Shift
Eaton’s ES AMER ARS division is currently seeking a Machine Operator - C Shift in Sumter, SC. The core hours are Friday through Sunday from 5:00AM - 5:00PM. The hourly rate for this position is $18.50 - $21.25 per hour. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program. Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based on candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
In the Production Associate, Machine Operator role, you will fabricate parts from steel, copper, or aluminum according to the specifications in the blueprints. You will effectively communicate and work with members of a team to complete your job function and meet safety, quality, and productivity goals.
• You will contribute to a safe, engaged, and inclusive work culture by complying with all policies, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment, and performing 5S duties.
• You will work from travel documents, blueprints, and oral or written instructions to setup, operate, and perform periodic maintenance on a variety of machines including tapper, shear, Finn Power, Prima Power, Franklin Punch, Vertical Press Brakes, Horizontal Press Brakes/Benders, Trumpf Laser, Ras, Spot Welder, Boschert, R41/R5 and Ehrt.
• You will maintain the expected progress of jobs in the area of assignment and communicate concerns appropriately.
• You will proactively identify opportunities for process improvement as well as complete root cause analysis in response to issues with quality or production.
• You will be responsible for quality, including measuring finished parts with tape measure and/or calipers, visual inspections of material, identifying nonconforming parts, and troubleshooting errors.
• You will cross-train and stand in for other employees/job functions when necessary.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• Experience as a machine operator or a graduate of a machine certificate program
• No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate area of the Sumter facility (50-mile radius) will be considered for this position.
• Experience in sheet metal fabrication including experience with standard punch and bend tooling and processes.
• Experience reading blueprints, manufacturing diagrams or drawings, or operating instructions.
• Experience with measuring devices (i.e., tape measure and calipers)
• Experience with Eaton systems including DMM, Swift, and AS-400.
Strong verbal and written communication aptitude, and persuasive and analytical problem-solving skills. Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within a team environment.
Expected to work with some degree of independence and make decisions that affect the workgroup. Focus efforts on attaining assigned goals and objectives, which include meeting the needs and expectations of internal and external customers.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach at or above shoulder level; grip; and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop; lift; carry; push; pull; and grip. The employee is frequently required to lift/carry up to 35 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to or greater than 35 pounds. The vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and color discrimination. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to listen and to talk.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to noise and frequently exposed to dust.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.