Cyber Research Scientist / Technical Lead
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Intelligence Group uses a wide range of capabilities in Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and enabling technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to support our customers’ mission to defend against evolving threats around the world. Our team’s focus is ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving security landscape and succeed in their pursuit to protect people and critical assets.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos is hiring for a Cyber Research Scientist / Tech Lead in Columbia, MD. You will serve on a mission-critical project that will leverage your skills to ensure delivery of a premier Security Operations Center (SOC) prototype solution to the customer. This position is contingent upon contract award.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead development of a prototype Security Operations Center (SOC) capability for the customer.
What does Leidos need from me?
- Top Secret security clearance required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field plus 10 years of relevant experience.
- Two plus years of demonstrated experience leading cybersecurity research and development projects.
- Demonstrated experience leading small engineering teams.
- Experience with data science, machine learning, and/or artificial intelligence.
- Experience with cybersecurity data from SIEM, Endpoint, Network, Threat Intelligence.
- Experience with containerized microservices architecture on Kubernetes, Docker.
- Experience developing software requirements and architectures.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience interfacing with DoD customers.
- Self-motivated and able to provide leadership to other developers and team members.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
Favorable if you have:
- Advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or similar field.
- Experience with SOAR, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), or Cyber Threat Intelligence products or concepts.
Pay Range:Pay Range $122,200.00 - $220,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.