Senior Specialist, IT Laboratory Systems
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
The Specialist of Cell Therapy IT Laboratory Systems, provides supports the successful implementation of benchtop systems with the QC laboratories and manufacturing shopfloor benchtop systems through interaction with internal team members, peer and higher level customers as well as external service providers. The individual is responsible for coordinating and supporting the development and implementation of laboratory benchtop systems. The individual will support multiple IT projects/systems and ongoing work activities of moderate to high complexity. The individual will answer questions and resolve IT issues for QC and manufacturing benchtop systems.
Reporting into the IT organization the candidate will be primarily responsible for providing IT support for implementation of QC laboratories and Manufacturing benchtop systems. This individual will be a primary Point of Contact (POC) for any IT requests related to benchtop systems in Cell Therapy.
The candidate should have at least 3 years of experience in pharma/biotech with specific expertise in supporting QC laboratory and manufacturing benchtop systems. The candidate needs to have an understanding of QC and shop floor systems and activities and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). This position will report into the IT Manager, Lab System and support their overall goals and directives.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially regarding:
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Client focus
- Verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of Cell Therapy Facility (CTF) IT Architecture and IT Infrastructure including Networks, Servers, HMIs, Printers, Scanners, Switches, Firewall rules, Domains, etc.
- Knowledge of cGMP, GXP, GAMP, SDLC regulations, including 21CFR part 11, and good documentation practices.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical, manufacturing and laboratory systems and equipment that support Biologics and clinical manufacturing.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated success working in a high-performing, business results-driven environment.
- Knowledge of IT Life Cycle Management (LCM).
- Understanding of computer system validation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or MIS discipline or commensurate experience.
- Must have experience with supporting the implementation of Benchtop system used in QC laboratories and Manufacturing shop floor and IT Life Cycle Management (LCM) in a bio-tech manufacturing environment.
- Must have 3-5 years of hands-on experience in a biotech manufacturing and supply chain environment.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and how they relate to existing and new business systems and practices, primarily GxP.
- Sound understanding of a Cell Therapy QC and Manufacturing facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Point of Contact (POC) services to benchtop business system owners for IT services
- Collaborate with other IT service groups to provide Support for IT requests for benchtop systems
- Coordinates Support activities related to benchtop systems
- Support the IT Life Cycle Management (LCM) program as well as the roadmap for all bench top systems
- Support Periodic reviews of Benchtop systems (as required)
- Support internal and regulatory inspections related to benchtop system (as required)
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.