HPEM Effects Test Technician
The Leidos Directed Energy team in Albuquerque is looking for High Power Electromagnetic (HPEM) Effects Test Technicians to support the investigation of the effects of electronic systems when subjected to HPEM pulses that result in disruption to or failure of normal operation of systems. This is an exciting opportunity to perform empirical effects testing in specialized laboratories alongside Leidos and government scientists, engineers, and technicians. You will work closely with a Lead Test Engineer setting up for and conducting effects tests, acquiring data, and may operate HPEM sources and test assets.
• Collaborate with scientists and engineers to understand and implement effects test setups in laboratories and in field settings.
• Safely conduct effects tests, following all government requirements and protocols.
• Acquire test data and perform quick-look analysis to confirm that test parameters, such as power on target, are met.
• Assess target damage during and after test series and report findings to engineers.
• Associates degree in an engineering or science discipline with two or more years of prior relevant experience, or a high school diploma and four or more years of prior relevant experience.
• Ability to use data acquisition software such as DAAAC, and Microsoft Office suite.
• Ability to use HPEM effects test instrumentation (oscilloscopes, network analyzers).
• Ability to instrument test assets with various diagnostics such as current and voltage probes.
• US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
• Ability and willingness to adhere to government safety requirements.
• Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and effectively communicate with technicians, engineers, scientists and management staff.
• Ability to organize and effectively work on multiple tasks at the same time.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience with AFRL effects testing labs and range sites on Kirtland AFB.
• Possess an active DoD security clearance.
About Our Team
Our Directed Energy team in Albuquerque consists of approximately 100 scientists, engineers, technicians, drafters, fabricators and support staff with backgrounds in advanced physics, electrical and mechanical engineering, electromagnetics, lasers, and high-power microwaves. For over three decades our team has worked with government laboratories to push the limits of the state-of-the-art in several high-tech fields, and continue to do so on several programs.
LInCPay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.