Assembly Technician - 1st Shift
Eaton’s ES AMER ARS PDCAD division is currently seeking a Assembly Technician - 1st Shift.
Shift Hours: 6am - 3:30pm Monday - Thursday, 6am - 10am Friday. Overtime may exceed these hours, and can be mandatory at times.
The hourly rate for this position is $19.00 per hour.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
This position assembles and Installs electrical metering, relaying and transformer components into medium voltage (5-38kv) switchgear assemblies as well as device wiring.
In this function you will:
• Assemble, adjust or repair using hand and air tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges and measuring devices while performing a repetitive and/or non-repetitive task as required
• Position and install component parts according to material list and blueprints
• Assembly includes a wiring task whereby it is necessary to stand, sit, bend and work from a ladder throughout the day
• Wire lugs are crimped on the end of the wire and are done with manual and automatic crimpers and strippers
• Execute Point-to-Point wiring diagrams in order to install electrical wiring. Routing of wire from one point to the other requires the ability to be proactive and work from a schematic
• Able to work off ladders and in tight spaces
• Inspect all assemblies for loose or missing hardware and cleanliness
• Respond to change notices, customer requested adjustments and development needs
• Focus on safety, customer service, quality, productivity
• Must be willing to work overtime as required, including weekends
• High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
• Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
• 1-year related experience in electrical wiring in a manufacturing environment
• Light construction experience
• Ability to read and interpret drawings or wire diagrams
• Experience in wiring electrical products
• Working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility
• Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime
• Good problem solving and troubleshooting ability
• Excellent history of work performance, team work and attendance
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.