Maintenance Technician- 3rd Shift
Eaton’s IS AER FED division is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician- 3rd Shift.
The hourly rate for this position is $34.87 + Shift premium of 75 cents per hour.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
• Drive forklifts and utilize other elevated work platform equipment.
• Operate metal joining, burning and cutting equipment.
• Use various power hand-tools proficiently.
• Use metal turning/cutting equipment such as lathes, mills and grinders.
• Must perform preventative/predictive and reactive maintenance duties.
• Will train all apprentices assigned to the department.
• Must keep work area clean and orderly.
• High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
• Must complete Department of Transportation training.
• Must complete annual HAZWOPER training.
• Must be capable of performing all job duties.
• Installation Maintenance and Repair Occupations (O*Net code 49-0000.00)
• Supple chemicals to build test cells such as Red Oil, Skydrol, Alcohol, or Thinner.
• Empty scrap bins
• Lead and/or assist in spill containment
• Successfully complete the requirements as stated in the respiratory policy, annual physical examination and fitness test.
• Successfully complete the annual training of Class III Asbestos Wok” and “Competent
• Person” per Michigan Occupational Health Standards
• Successfully complete and perform asbestos operation and maintenance, not to exceed
• Class III asbestos work as defined by OSHA regulations 325.51301 and 352.51302 of the Michigan Administration Code.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.