Assembly Technician - 3rd Shift
Eaton’s AER MSD Mission System Division division is currently seeking a Assembly Technician - 3rd Shift.
The hours for the role are 10:00 PM - 6:30 AM
The hourly rate for this position is $27.02 per hour.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
The Assembly Technician is responsible for performing routine and non-routine technical and diverse work on a variety of life support, air-to-air refueling, and personal survival equipment systems.
In this function you will:
- Perform multi-faceted work that is necessary to build, assemble, inspect, test, calibrate, diagnose, analyze, troubleshoot, repair, replace, modify and program a variety of products and product lines
- Construct and assemble new products in their developmental stage; work with Engineers on prototype units, first article, and developmental units or upgrades to existing units
- Set up and operate various metal fabricating equipment including rolling machine, drills and saws
- Use a variety of hand and power tools (including drills, sanders, files, grinders, rivet guns, and paint equipment), jigs, fixtures, gauges, and measuring and test equipment
- Document and maintain records of work activity for current and future reference
- All other related duties as assigned
- 2 year technical degree (electrical or electrical/mechanical) or mechanical degree
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 70 miles of Davenport, IA to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Experience within a Manufacturing environment
- 3 years troubleshooting experience acquired within the last 5 years
- Must possess demonstrable skills in areas that encompass electronics, electromechanical, mechanical and hybrid combinations of the above
- Must demonstrate proficiency in job related math skills
- Ability to read, understand and interpret technical and written instructions, engineering blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams including stack-up of tolerances
- Must understand electronic circuitry and be able to use electronic tools and test equipment to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair electronic components and assemblies
- Must be able to perform assigned duties without benefit of a family of special tooling and/or test equipment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.