Application Support Administrator
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting entry level Software Engineer position located in Southwest Virginia with opportunities to work remotely.
The Application Support Administrator will support Leidos, an innovative provider of information technology (IT) managed services, and its’ customers through the support of enterprise level applications and platform services. Typical responsibilities include support and system administration of Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS), Government-off-the-Shelf (GOTS), and custom developed software applications, troubleshooting both end user and back-end issues, provisioning accounts, and performing system maintenance. This position will also require scheduled on-call to provide incident support and occasional after hours work to support system deployments and updates.
- Provide System Administration for enterprise applications
- Support Software updates and deployments
- Create documentation to support end user interaction with the applications
- Create and update system level documentation and diagrams
- Be the point of contact with system vendors for external support
- Responsible for the integration of interdependent systems
- Troubleshoot both system and end user issues
- Proven experience with mobile device support
- Requires BS degree and less then 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- 1+ year substantiated successful enterprise application support, with a progressive record of successful troubleshooting of business problems.
- Experience supporting enterprise applications and servers in a production environment.
- 1+ year of experience in database query structure and design.
- Experience in error and root cause analysis.
- Proven ability to creatively solve business/technology problems efficiently and effectively.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Willing to work independently or in a group setting.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in scripting using PowerShell, SQL, and/or Python.
- Proficiency with Intune, Zoom and mobile device applications.
- Knowledge of application deployment and installation.
- Ability to readily and easily switch focus in response to unexpected events and circumstances.
- Must be a self-starter and detail oriented.
- Ability to provide coverage for core hours (8a to 6p) and occasional work on nights and weekends may be required during maintenance periods.
- Effective working knowledge of Oracle and MS SQL and SSRS database management, as well as working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Experience with programming languages used to interface with relational databases.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.