Senior Data Scientist ( 594306-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Data scientist in the Commercial Systems group of Verizon, you will be working with a diverse group of highly talented professionals transforming Bill to Cash applications to eliminate revenue leakage and drive down costs to strengthen the company’s EBITDA margin.
- Lead projects focused on reducing revenue loss by utilizing data across Bill to Cash systems involving hands-on data analysis, Machine learning modeling and other standard data science techniques.
- Proactively identify and prevent customer billing issues in real time by deriving intelligent insights from upstream order activity to ensure a great customer experience.
- Build an intelligent settlements reconciliation framework to improve the accuracy for partner settlements and avoid under payment penalties and overpayment recovery.
- Engage with business partners and collaborate with cross functional teams to define and evaluate business problems, design and implement effective, innovative analytical solutions and models with the right choice of technology and level of complexity for the business challenges.
- Routinely analyze and interpret large complex data sets to identify new trends and make recommendations to the business.
- Lead the design and development of ML based anomaly detection and chart overlays.
- Responsible for developing strategies for effective reporting , use graphs, infographics and other tools to visualize data
- Monitor analytics & metrics results and take action.
- Building tools and frameworks to automate data collection.
- Helps define the analytical roadmap, data and technology strategy. Conduct market analysis, research to identify and adopt best in class data science and analytics related technology.
This role will be based out of one of the locations listed in the posting. In this role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
- Experience as data scientist and preferably worked on wide array of domains.
- Experience in various modelling techniques like Linear Regression, Logistic Regression (Binomial and Multi-Class), Robust Regression, DBSCAN, Text Analytics (NLP), 3 Dimensional Tensor Factorization, Time-Series Analysis, Clustering, Holt-Winter’s Forecasting Technique, Decision Tree Analysis, Boosted Decision Tree Analysis, CNN’s like Resnet, Inception.
Even better if you have
- Master’s degree in Math / Statistics / Computer Science or related discipline.
- Strong Background in Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning, Consulting Reporting and Business Development
- Strong Background in business intelligence tools like Qlik, ELK
- Risk management / modelling experience.
- AWS experience is a plus.
- Strong background in Statistics.
- Python (including packages like SciKitLearn, numpy, pandas)
- SQL proficiency one or many (Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata)
- Graph DB knowledge
- Programming Language(s): Experience in combinations of SAS, SQL, R, Python, Java
- OS/HW: Experience in Linux/Unix open systems, AWS environment
- Excellent communication skills to present complex ideas and concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Solid experience in writing SQL, stored procedures, query performance tuning preferably on Oracle, PostgreSQL
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).