Sr Data Analyst - Telecommute (106701467)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
This position will help develop new reporting and analytical tools that will support our drive to 5 star performance for WellMed Central Quality. This individual will also support business analysts with BRD development, work with stakeholders to answer questions, perform UAT, and any other related ad hoc work as requested. The job duties are: report creation via SQL, Alteryx or Tableau, and running QA and process verification for more senior developers.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Designs, develops, tests, documents, and maintains database queries and data analysis
- Translates large quantities of in-depth data and creates reports that display the information’s overall significance
- Develops data reporting processes and procedures to ensure timely delivery of daily, weekly, monthly, annual, and ad hoc reporting to management
- Troubleshoots data integrity issues, analyzes data for completeness to meet business needs, and proposes documented solution recommendations
- Converts complex data from multiple sources into meaningful, professional, and easy to understand formats for various audiences as defined by department guidelines
- Supports reporting and analysis on all business initiative projects
- Recommends and implements new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information
- Troubleshoots and coordinates resolutions for all issues related to reports supported by the department
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Information Technology or related field required. (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 2+ years of reporting/analytic experience
- Proficiency in SQL and developing efficient, well-performing queries
- Advanced Excel skills
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- 1+ year Tableau development experience
- Experience with performance tuning tools and/or techniques
- Experience in a managed care environment
- Experience in Medicare Advantage Part D (MAPD) and HEDIS operation
- Self-starter with a proven ability to take ownership of job responsibilities and ensure successful completion of all projects and requests
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in high volume workload situations
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities with special attention to accuracy and detail
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.