Data Analyst II San Antonio TX (107143676)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The position works closely with IT teams and resources to receive, analyze, validate, and document in support of the clinical integration of electronic medical record data into the preferred systems and platforms. This position will conduct analysis, perform configuration tasks, provide recommendations, and work closely with our vendor partners to ensure quality data mapping into our core products and platforms. The position will work on multiple projects simultaneously and diverse, acquired electronic health records systems in order to accomplish accurate and timely data integration into our WellMed/Optum core products and systems. This position will effectively communicate within our IT technical teams, vendors and business stakeholders.
- Conducts analysis on acquired electronic health record data
- Understands data structures and common methods to transform data for further analysis
- Assists with test planning and vendor engagement agreement
- Applies quality assurance principles to ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Understands and performs data integrations and their impact on standard PM/EMR systems
- Performs configuration tasks within staged environments
- Resolves issues identified during the quality assurance process
- Performs problem analysis on common issues and recommends improvements
- Collaborates throughout the process to support internal, vended and business stakeholders to achieve outcomes
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 2+ years of experience with eClinicalWorks or another practice management and electronic medical records systems
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis (preferably healthcare data)
- Functional experience performing technical analysis or quality assurance
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical resources
- Understanding of Data Virtualization, Active Directory
- Functional understanding of Data Management, SQL Server (Version 2012 or higher), Visual Studio (Version 2012 or higher)
- Functional understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Familiarity with ServiceNow
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.