Senior Data Scientist ( 601493-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will drive profitable growth and business innovation by applying cutting-edge machine learning techniques and AI technology. You will lead data science projects that drive product personalization, marketing effectiveness, channel optimization, better customer experience, and operation efficiency. You will work closely with a team of talented data scientists, Big Data engineers, and software developers and play a key role in developing and delivering the next generation AI/ML solutions to the business.
You’ll create machine learning models to predict customer behavior and intent to support marketing campaigns for customer retention, prospect acquisition and revenue growth. You’ll then present the results to various business partners such as marketing, finance, and our customer relationship management group.
With an eye towards improving performance and predictability, you like the science of analytics. Developing resolutions to complex problems, using your sharp judgment to develop methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria enables you to deliver solutions that make a big impact. You’re able to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences, and you take pride in your ability to share your considerable knowledge with your peers.
The key responsibilities include:
Independently lead data science projects and deliver innovative technical solutions to solve problems and improve business outcomes.
Lead the design and development of machine learning/statistical models and ensure best performance.
Work closely with machine learning engineers to deploy models in production both in real time and in batch process and systematically track model performance.
Assist engagement with key business stakeholders in discussion on business strategies and opportunities.
Build strong working relationship and develop deep partnership with the business.
Be a subject matter expert on machine learning and predictive modeling.
Drive technical innovation through active research and applications of new theories, techniques, and technologies.
Where you’ll be working:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience leading data science projects and delivering from end-to-end.
- Strong technical expertise in machine learning and statistical modeling.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's degree or a Ph.D. in Statistics, Math, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Data Science, or related field.
- Experience with Deep Learning, NLP, and computer vision.
- Experience with Spark, C++, scala, or Java.
- Familiarity with SAS.
- Expertise in SQL and database management.
- Strong communication and interpersonal influencing skills.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking capabilities.
- Solid foundational quantitative knowledge and skills; extensive training in math, statistics, physical science, engineering, or other related fields
- Strong hands on computing/programming skills, including proficiency in Python, R, and Linux shell script.
- Expertise in data management and data analysis in relational database and in Hadoop.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).