Principal Data Analyst - Telecommute (108061773)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Are you a curious thought leader who thrives on developing new solutions to solve tough business challenges through analytics? As a critical member of our Optum team, you will help rewrite the future of UnitedHealth Group. At Optum, we make healthcare better through innovation and analysis. And we need your talents and business discipline to help fuel that mission. Are you ready to build solutions, analyze data and deliver bold, business-savvy ideas to impact the lives of millions?
As the Principal Data Analyst, you will act as the Analytical and Technical expert and will provide analytic leadership to support Optum’s Enterprise Provider Identity Management operational reporting and analytics team. You'll work closely with business and technology leaders to develop innovative analytic solutions, create actionable insights and drive better decisions and performance to help Optum Enterprise Provider Identity Management fulfill its mission.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Engage with Provider Master Data Management application subject matter experts to understand the processes, rules, requirements and deficiencies of healthcare provider data within Optum
- Be part of a group of individuals, dedicated to maintaining and enhancing the overall quality of healthcare provider data from each disparate source system
- Perform data quality checks for each data source system
- Prepare scorecards/dashboards on data quality and data governance metrics
- Resolve profile and affiliation data issues on a case-by-case basis
- Effectively convey the business rules and definitions and promote them within the business areas
- Contribute to the HL7FHIR data model. Provide the business rules, definitions, etc.
- Provide business requirements. Work with IT MDM system analysts during system development and provide them with requirements
- Keep Product/Capability Owners and IT informed of business changes that impact data. As the business environment evolves, changes are needed in systems and data to ensure that they continue to support the business. Information about these changes must be transmitted to IT on a timely basis to ensure that the data asset can be appropriately leveraged
- Develop business requirements and participate on IT projects focused on developing master data management capabilities across the UHG Enterprise
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree (or experience in Data Analytics, Computer Science, or MIS)
- 5+ years of experience working as a Data Analyst or Data Scientist
- 5+ years of experience with Agile project methodology terminology and processes
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience working with data mapping and data profiling processes
- Experience managing healthcare provider data
- Experience using SQL, dB Visualizer, AWS, Azure, Cloud technologies
- Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization tools
- Exposure to non-relational databases and tools, such as Cassandra, Kibana, JSON, JAVA, Python, and Spark
- Analytical experience involving pulling an analytical story together to present to leadership
- Solid presentation and interpersonal skills
- Solid written, technical documentation and oral communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.