Data Scientist - San Juan, PR (108043694)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
- Management and manipulation of mostly structured data, with a focus on building business intelligence tools
- Conduct analysis to distinguish patterns and recognize trends
- Perform normalization operations and assuring data quality
- Create specifications to bring data into a common structure
- Create product specifications and models
- Develop data solutions to support analyses, perform analysis, interpret results, develop actionable insights and present recommendations for use across the company
- Understand data requirements and develop tools and models such as segmentation, dashboards, data visualizations, decision aids and business case analysis to support the organization
- Produce and manage the delivery of activity and value analytics to external stakeholders and clients
- Use business intelligence, data visualization, query, analytic and statistical software to build solutions, perform analysis and interpret data
- Descriptive and regression-based analytics to leverage subject matter expert views in the design of their analytics and algorithms
***ENGLISH PROFICIENCY ASSESSMENT WILL BE REQUIRED AFTER APPLICATION***
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Business, Finance, Quantitative or related field
- 3 + years of business analytics and data base management
- 3+ years of experience with relational SQL in data management, building ETL Pipelines
- 3+ years of experience is developing BI dashboards for business stakeholders including Senior Leadership
- 3+ years of experience in Tableau, Domo, Power BI or SSRS
- Available to work (40 hours/week) Monday- Friday - Flexible to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (7:00am to 4:00pm AST) It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends
- Available to work in Puerto Rico or willing to relocate
- English Proficiency
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in Microsoft Azure
- Experience in Python, R, SPSS or SAS
- Experience in Big Data Tools (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Analytics, Data Analyst, Sr. Data Analyst, Dashboards, San Juan, PR, Puerto Rico