Principal Data Scientist - Telecommute (108209473)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Development and delivery of large, complex predictive modeling projects for healthcare Payment Integrity processes
- Develop innovative and effective approaches to solve client's analytics problems and communicates results and methodologies
- Provide directions and guidelines to Data Scientists to discover business insights, identifies opportunities, and provides solutions and recommendations to solve business problems through the use of statistical, algorithmic, data mining and visualization techniques
- Produce innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from unstructured, diverse datasets typically measured in gigabytes or larger
- Apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement
- Use a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive and prescriptive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data
- Work with analytics and statistical software such as SQL, R, Python, Spark and others to perform analysis and interpret data
- Be a company thought leader, a functional SME, have a broad business approach, be a resource to senior leadership, and develop pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
- Apply advanced machine learning and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on multiple predictive detection engines
- Lead discovery processes for healthcare claims with Data Scientists and partner with Payment Integrity Operation management to identify the business requirements and the expected outcome
- Create and provide sound data science analyses and frame business scenarios that are meaningful and which impact on critical business processes and/or decisions
- Collaborate with the data steward to gather information to be used for analytics and predictive model building purpose and to ensure the data meets the qualification and assurance requirements of the analyses
- Design sampling methodology, prepare data, including data cleaning, univariate analysis, missing value imputation, etc., identify appropriate analytic methodology, develop predictive models and document process and results
- Communicate analytics results and predictive models to business partners and clients
- Provide ongoing tracking and monitoring of performance of statistical models and recommend ongoing improvements to methods and algorithms that lead to findings, including new information
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Post-graduate degree
- 7+ years of experience with hands-on machine learning modeling
- 7+ years of experience with manipulating large datasets
- 5+ years of experience in Python
- 3+ years of experience in SQL
- 1+ years of experience in Spark
- 1+ years of experience with Deep Nets
- 1+ years of experience with tree-based models
- 1+ years of experience with ensemble modeling
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- PhD degree
- MLOps experience
- AirFlow experience
- Tableau experience
- Ability to write clean production code
- Ability to mentor and guide junior level data scientists
- Desire to contribute to and be part of a great team culture
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-fere workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.