Sr. Data Analyst - Data Quality - Telecommute (109532876)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Working in a small clinical analytics-oriented team and in a dynamic rapid prototyping environment perform data analytics on large-scale data-sets. This includes and is not limited to gathering requirements, defining data needs and delivering data and associated findings for solutions. Incorporate operational understanding of how the data is created as part of the solution-ing process. Ensure complete and quality artifacts that can be consumed in the downstream development processes. Apply critical thinking and research skills to interpret data for recommendations of usage. Utilize project management skills in managing resources in a fast-paced and dynamic business setting.
Candidate should have a solid technical background and skills in SQL and understanding of HL7 file formats. The tools we use for our analysis depends on what the objective is but usually revolves around SQL, MongoDB, Alteryx, Xpath scripting, and Excel. Technical analysis of structured data files and lead technical discussions with vendors and our business partners. We receive data from EMRs, Data Aggregators, and Individual Provider Practices in a variety of data formats including HL7 (CCD, ORU, ADT, etc) and flat files. Knowledge of HEDIS-based STAR ratings processes would be beneficial since the goal of structured data is to improve our providers Star Ratings.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience (Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics)
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare data analytics and clinical data
- 5+ years of experience analyzing healthcare data including: data collection, validation, data cleansing and data reconciliation, and perform trend analysis
- 2+ years of experience SQL, Teradata, SAS, MongoDB, Alteryx, or Oracle Query Tools
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience determining data remediation options
- Broad understanding of all health plan operational processes and systems
- Data Profiling
- User Acceptance Testing and/or QA testing experience
- Knowledge of UHG data across (E&I, M&R and C&S)
- Knowledge of HL7 transaction types (CCDA, ORU, ADT)
- Knowledge of relational databases, database structures
- Inquisitive mind and a passion for data, and data quality
- Understanding of all healthplan operational processes and systems
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.