Senior Data Scientist ( R-00089712 )
The Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense group is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to support the recently awarded DCSB contract. This position provides expert level technical skillset to C5ISR Center Defensive Cyber Solutions Branch (DCSB) Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Security Operations Center (SOC) as a Senior Data Scientist.
Location: Work will be performed at the Adelphi, MD location and may allow for some remote support from a local home office.
Clearance: You must hold a minimum DOD Secret clearance and be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI. Those with active TS/SCI will be given first consideration.
- Provide expert level thought leadership for the design, engineering and development data strategy and related tasking for a very visible, critical cyber specific toolsets.
- Responsible for the design, selection, modification, documentation, and training related to data strategy as it relates to operational toolsets
- Interacts with customer/stakeholders to develop innovative engineering and design solutions and briefs recommendations to all levels of government and Leidos leadership
- Recommends solutions for complex issues and limitations, provides solutions, and coordinates with development teams to execute impactful system enhancements
- May also be responsible for evaluation of program requirements and system capabilities to provide solutions and feedback regarding feasibility and engineering.
- Lead the team in mining and data analysis from various sources to drive decision support and improvement of organization strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources/attributes and data collection techniques.
- Work with structured and unstructured data to prepare in-depth analysis, including the normalization and canonicalization of data to ensure consistent inputs.
- Introduce validation and reporting techniques to ensure the veracity of data.
- Develop complex custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets and extract additional insights.
- Provide expert level skillset in exploratory data analysis, pattern discovery and advanced analytical techniques.
- Requires BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have a DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) to start, and CSSP certification within 90 days
- Must have an active Secret with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Experience in heterogeneous computer networking technology and work in protocol and/or interface standards specification.
- Deep technical understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Hands-on cybersecurity experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Experience in a 24x7 environment.
DCSBPay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.