Senior Data Analyst Telecommute (111674896)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr Data Analyst will be responsible for 1) designing clean and accurate methodologies to calculate program/product outcomes, 2) creating, analyzing, and delivering various well-designed dashboards and reports for both internal and external stakeholders, and 3) broadly speaking, leveraging data to help craft the Optum Rx clinical analytics story around activities, performance, prediction, and outcomes of different programs.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Management and manipulation of mostly structured data, with a focus on building business intelligence tools, conducting analysis to distinguish patterns and recognize trends, performing normalization operations and assuring data quality
- Creating specifications to bring data into a common structure, creating product specifications and models, developing data solutions to support analyses, performing analysis, interpreting results, developing actionable insights and presenting recommendations for use across the company
- Partner with stakeholders to understand data requirements and develop tools and models such as segmentation, dashboards, data visualizations, decision aids and business case analysis to support the organization
- Producing and managing the delivery of activity and value analytics to external stakeholders and clients
- Team members will typically use business intelligence, data visualization, query, analytic and statistical software to build solutions, perform analysis and interpret data
- Work on predominately descriptive and regression-based analytics and tend to leverage subject matter expert views in the design of their analytics and algorithms
- This function is not intended for employees performing the following work: production of standard or self-service operational reporting, casual inference led (healthcare analytics) or data pattern recognition (data science) analysis; and/or image or unstructured data analysis using sophisticated theoretical frameworks
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, specialized training/certification or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Analyst or similar role, facilitating and documenting requirements
- 2+ years SAS and/or SQL experience
- Experience developing in BI/Visualization software (Tableau/PowerBI)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Master's or PhD degrees in information systems, computer science, applied mathematics, mathematics, statistics, data science, engineering, healthcare analytics, economics, public health, biostatistics, business analytics, or a related field
- Health care analytic consulting and/or PBM experience
- Experience with pharmacy and medical claims data
- Experience with R or Python
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The Salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The Salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.