Senior Manager, Data Integrity
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for implementing and managing GMP Data Governance and Data Integrity program at the Warren, NJ site for the CAR T Clinical Manufacturing Facility. This includes implementing documentation and processes in support of the laboratories, manufacturing and GMP support areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a key member of the Global Data Governance and Data Integrity Program contribute in the development, revision, review of Global policies, standards, and requirements
- Ensure local site activities are harmonized with Global DG/DI efforts, and are driven to completion as planned
- Provide feedback and support to GMP areas in scope during process development and improvement, while ensuring compliance with Global DG/DI policies and standards
- Responsible for ensuring systems at the Warren, NJ CAR T facility comply with data life cycle requirements from initial data creation/recording to archival and decommissioning. This includes, but is not limited to, data management (e.g., data creation, data processing, review, reporting), data security, data traceability process mapping, data backup/restore, electronic signature/electronic record linking and data audit trails.
- Responsible for leading, reviewing and approving data integrity assessments across Warren, NJ CAR T Facility of new and existing systems including, but not limited to, manufacturing and laboratory systems to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and company established requirements for data integrity.
- Responsible for leading, reviewing and approving data integrity periodic reviews and performing risk monitoring of implemented systems across all sites to ensure continued compliance.
- Drive mitigation and remediation when data integrity gaps are identified.
- Responsible for leading, reviewing and approving investigations and implementing corrective/preventative actions associated with data integrity events.
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity processes for automated systems across all sites are designed to align with computerized system development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies to ensure computerized systems meet regulatory requirements, company requirements and align with industry standards. In this respect, this role is also responsible for assisting with strengthening and modernizing existing computerized SDLC methodologies to align with data integrity processes.
- Identify and work with functions at Warren CAR T Facility to ensure data risk is identified, remediated and prevented.
- Seek out and recommend to management opportunities for increased data integrity program efficiencies and operational improvement through modifications to current systems, implementation of new systems and more efficient use of established systems
- Provide the GMP functions any updates regarding data integrity regulations that they may be impacted by.
- Prepare and deliver communications to GMP functions leadership regarding risk, mitigations, data integrity metrics, and Global DG/DI Program planning
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Relevant college or university degree preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable; Bachelor of Science; Minimum 8 years relevant work experience and minimum 4 years of leadership experience; equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable. Experience with PC based office computers and standard Microsoft Office applications; Experience with SharePoint; Experience with electronic document and data management systems
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have expert GMP, Quality, and Data Integrity knowledge;
- Must be able to effectively interpret problems and communicate in an impactful manner to management and the group with clarity and a high level of accuracy;
- Must be able to note data integrity attributes in potential situations or issues and process science-based solutions across a majority of the job function;
- Must provide guidance to other employees in the interpretation of data integrity issues; across the Warren, NJ site;
- Must be able to critically review reports while effectively inputting and expressing Data Integrity principles;
- Completes routine tasks with no supervision; Confident in making decisions in their subject matter area; Able to work proactively. Drives continuous improvement and improves efficiency and productivity within the group or project;
- Leads cross functional project teams driving performance and results. Skilled at getting resources and information from internal and external contacts;
- Manages conflict and issues with internal and external customers. Able to recognize conflict and notify management with proposed recommendations for resolution;
- Builds and leverages relationships and provides advice internally within function and with global cross-functional teams. Negotiates solutions cross functionally;
- Recognizes data integrity risks, develops contingency plans, ensures remediation efforts are driven to completion;
- Able to fully interpret complex data Integrity results and situations independently and articulate recommendations for resolution;
- Must possess a strategic perspective, leading vision and values, and support Global harmonization efforts as part of a Global Data Governance and Data Integrity team.
WORKING CONDITIONS (US Only):
Work is performed in a typical office environment, with standard office equipment available and used. Work is generally performed seated but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no abnormal conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
#LI-Hybrid BMSCART VETERAN
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.