Clinical Quality Data Analyst - Telecommute in Eastern Time zone (112192170)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Clinical Quality Data Analyst, your primary role is to develop organized analytics, reports, and data management systems to support the Plan Quality Management Program. This position works in a highly matrixed environment to insure timely and accurate reporting and data management necessary to support the quality management program across all products and fully adheres to all quality regulatory requirements. You will position collaborates with multiple functions that may include Clinical, Member Engagement, Physician Experience, Network, Behavioral Services and Pharmacy as needed to support the Plan quality management program. The position reports to the Director of Quality Management.
If you are located within Eastern Time zone, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Research, retrieve, design and deliver organized analytics and reporting of medical data
- Analyze healthcare data to assess trends, evaluate potential operational and clinical opportunities, measure ongoing performance vs. target, identify additional expansion opportunities, etic
- Design and implement reporting systems, analytical processes, and tools to support quality and clinical performance, key benchmarks, and improved quality outcomes, i.e., HEDIS, NCQA, CAHPS, PIPs, and state regulatory requirements
- Adopt and apply relevant project management tools as required
- Maintain high standards of data integrity and quality throughout the department’s data collection-to-reporting pipeline
- Support ad hoc analytic requests, providing accurate and timely data, analysis, and insightful interpretations
- Identify opportunities to improve and enhance analyses and information provided
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in Excel, SQL Server, and PowerPoint
- 3+ years of overall work experience working in analytics
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with handling and analyzing large data sets (over 1 million records) of healthcare data and other related healthcare industry benchmarks for utilization and cost drivers
- 3+ years of experience with comprehensive, multi-level drill-down assessment of key utilization and financial performance measures by product, procedure, and other key healthcare business dimensions
- 3+ years of experience with relational database programming, including SQL Server, MS Excel etc.
- 1.5+ years specifically in a health care insurance related field (Medical Informatics, Healthcare Economics etc.)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Visio, SharePoint, MS Access, and Oracle
- Experience with clinical analysis within a managed care environment
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and troubleshooting ability with high level of accuracy
- Team player, resourceful, open to learning and adaptation
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with genuine sense of personal initiative and accountability
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.