Data Scientist ( R-00090991 )
Leidos is looking for a Data Scientist to join our team to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) at the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following requirements:
Creates effective Business Intelligence (BI) solutions and analytical dashboards / analytical tools for business users.
Effectively utilizes features and Best Practices of visual analytics to maximize impact and utility of visualization products.
Aid in developing style guide for development of visualizations, design of components, naming of items, data source creation and naming.
Provide support for specialized data collection using query languages to create data and analyze data using artificial intelligence.
- Provide support to development efforts through appropriate database use and project design.
- Provide support in mining FAA datasets in conjunction with information analysis tools such as SPSS/R/Python to use appropriate algorithms/machine learning/artificial intelligence to analyze the data.
- Perform information analysis across multiple data sources to identify patterns, relationship and other analytical and statistical models to support data and research needs.
- Provide support in the collaboration efforts with international partners for the implementation of interoperable open standards and procedures, innovative technologies, cultural shifts related to standards, the harmonization of international and geographical standards and taxonomies of certifications, regulations, communication, and sharing of information technologies while protecting privacy.
- Maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction through the implementation, investigation, analysis, training and relationship building efforts.
- Clearly communicating and driving discussions on data and insights, context, and implications with business stakeholders.
- Document and communicate technical specifications to ensure that proper and optimized techniques, queries, and final deliverables are understood and incorporated into data and analytics processes.
- BS degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Requires strong SQL development skills – writing complex queries and stored procedures – SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL.
- Strong understanding of Software development lifecycle.
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills.
- Ability to analyze structured and unstructured data from data sources, mobile devices, NoSQL data systems, cloud, and the related query and analysis tools.
Experience analyzing complex data sets and creating dashboards and visualization to find trends and patterns in data.
Experience with statistical analysis and information analysis tools such as SPSS/R/Python.
- Solid understanding of Agile Project Management methodologies.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.