Data Scientist ( 608337-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You'll be part of a leading-edge advanced analytics team helping us lead with analytics across the organization to improve customer experience, drive optimal decisions in some of the world’s most unique supply chain and marketing. Using your analytics expertise, you’ll help us figure out how to get the most accurate information and insights from all kinds of data.
- Learn and understand the business processes of supply chain, marketing, and understand the tradeoffs and priorities of the business.
- Utilize considerable creativity to merge ideation, knowledge of AI/ML model uses, insights from SMEs/translators and constraints to propose ML projects that are meaningful and actionable.
- Provide timelines, milestones, project plans and types of AI/ML models to be attempted for new prototype projects, and proactively coordinate projects.
- Partner with team and non-team data scientists to teach complex concepts, assess project feasibility, select input features and validate project output.
- Envision and test for corner cases. Build analytical solutions and models by manipulating large data sets and integrating diverse data sources.
- Design, develop, implement, and oversee high-end analytical, technology processes and solutions with a focus on leveraging advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence methods.
- Present the results and recommendations of mathematical modeling and data analysis to management and other end users.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Two or more years of experience using Python, SQL, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and statistics.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master's degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Data Science, Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics or related field.
- Experience with combinatorial optimization, supply chain modeling and marketing analytics.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.