Senior Data Analyst - Telecommute
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Build and manage dashboards, reports, and ad-hoc requests
- End to end experience in designing and deploying reports/ Dashboard/ data visualizations using Tableau/Power BI
- Document work appropriately for production support and transition readiness
- Perform quality checks on the reports and data for accuracy, completeness, and consistency before sending it across to the clients both internal and external
- Work on business analysis requests around different business problems and convert into analytical solution. Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Acquire & enhance understanding of US Healthcare domain
- Creating analytical findings for the internal clients of UHG as per specifications received from them using information in UHG Specific databases
- Develop impactful presentations and documents
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelors / 4-year university degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, or related discipline or equivalent number of years of experience
- 18+ months hands-on experience of solving real world business problems leveraging Tableau, SQL, and reporting/analytics tools
- 1+ years of experience on handling BIG Data Structure for Ad-Hoc Analysis and accurately merging multiple data sources
- Good knowledge around Business Analytics and visual display of information
- In-Depth/Project Knowledge of Business intelligence tools like Tableau/Power BI, etc.
- Sound knowledge of tabular data handling & manipulation
- Good understanding of analytics tools and programming languages: SQL, Tableau, & BI tools
- Solid problem-solving skills & story-telling abilities with analytical mindset
- Very good communication skills in English (spoken and written)
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team in a deadline driven environment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.