Director, Digital Data Engineering
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...DI&A Director - reports to Exec Dir-Systems Engrg Enterprise Corporate ExperienceAre you ready for the challenge of driving transformation at the scale of a $130B+ Fortune 50 company through an industry-leading technology stack?
Responsible for Technical Product Management for Verizon’s Finance data strategy focused on building a trusted data set spanning financial, operational, and 3rd party data sets, you will collaborate with stakeholders across multiple functions to create solutions that enable us to optimize revenue, spend, increase process efficiency as we sell to customers, build the network, report externally, all the while strengthening our controls. Your work will focus on shaping business processes, data model design, product vision & strategy, roadmap, and backlogs around key mission objectives, delivering features from concept to launch through agile delivery methodologies, ensuring value realization, run governance, and support that delivers outstanding business results/user experience.
Funded for significant annual investment to drive transformation at scale, this role requires experience in delivering extremely large and complex process transformation/system implementations including process design, data model design, data governance & business accountability for data quality, data model architecture, functional design, technical / solution architecture, human-centered design, environment & deployment strategies, operational readiness, and change management across multiple functions spanning the SDLC lifecycle.The ideal candidate for this role will be equal parts business & technical leader to be successful, with the ability to set rigorous technical/architectural standards whilst speaking the language of our business partners to influence the strategic direction for data & analytics. Deep knowledge of data & reporting, and analytics especially in a distributed physical data architecture spanning cloud hyper-scale architecture & on-premises data warehouses are essential as is deep experience delivering transformation at the data layer. Knowledge of modern data integration techniques, data modeling, and the ability to link strategic business outcomes with use cases & data needs/data model construction is essential. Focusing on driving the innovation agenda, this leader will work with internal & eternal industry leaders to shape world-class capabilities and enable continuous improvement.As a people leader, this leader will drive a large team of Verizon Technical Product Owners and 3rd party partners, as well as influence Global Process Owners, to deliver transformative solutions. This leader will make decisions regarding hiring, promotion, and disciplinary actions. Coaches, trains and motivates the team to achieve subject matter expertise.Accountable end to end from vision/strategy through to delivery, value realization, and run support/governance – this leader will focus on the big picture and have the discipline to drive massive transformational efforts. Strong people leadership & influencing skills are essential. Are you up for the challenge?
- Owns agile delivery model, roadmap, backlog execution processes
- Develop, own and execute the product roadmap, end to end data strategy / vision, including governance & data continuous improvement
- Partner with stakeholders to inform the product vision, strategy, features and prioritization
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of the business
- Leads the product functional design process
- Identify and drive strategy for implementation of new systems and applications
- Drive migration to adopt cloud, hyper scale platforms with high levels of virtualization
- Coordinate support for systems initiatives driven by other groups if there are impacts to financial systems
- Manage large teams of consultants and employees, including directing cross functional teams
- Leads selection process for external project support and sets direction for provider
- Develops/assists with project plans, including estimates, work breakdown structure and schedules
- Coordinates and directs project team resources
- Ensures all deliverables are achieved
- Identifies and resolves project constraints, issues and risks
- Monitors adherence to scope and manages scope change process
- Establishes and administers project control procedures
- Develops and maintains project budgets, manages financials and owns vendor relationships
- Conducts regular status meetings to monitor project progress
- Analyzes and implements corrective actions when progress deviates from plan
- Monitors the quality assurance, deliverable acceptance, and sign–off processes
- Monitors and mitigates project risk
- Maintains continuous communications with the program management office
- Motivates and manages project team using effective communication and leadership
- Identifies and organizes required external support (Verizon & Third Party)
- Understanding/Defining Business Processes and integrated hand offs/dependencies
- Effectively partners with the business and IT for successful implementations
- Organizational Change Management oversight
This position can be located in other valid Verizon locations.
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of progressive experience with Data Integration & Analytics
- Experienced in taking a company forward in a fast growth environment, providing insight for direction and managing change effectively
- Proven success managing Data Integration & Analytics products and associated processes / governance structures
- Proven success managing large, dynamic teams in a fast paced environment.
- Proven experience in the successful delivery of scaled agile
- Hands-on and pragmatic approach to business, processes, and user needs
- Strong customer focus and ability to recognize the impact of decisions on the end users
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to interact with team members and external customers
- Strong presentation skills to all levels of management; ability to communicate complex concepts in a manner that is understood by the audience.
- Ability to prioritize efforts and tasks in a high volume and fast-paced environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.