Princ Engr-Data Engineering
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Your mission will be to help us quantify competitive business segments, evaluate potential operational changes, and design new approaches and methodologies. Working across VBG, you’ll use your analytical and technical expertise to identify trends, issues and opportunities, all with the goal of improving the customer experience and finding ways to make our business even better.
Your focus will be on data modeling, sourcing, integration and automation, with the goal of supporting a broad array of reporting functions.
- Leverage business, system and operational process knowledge to build and maintain ETL workflow and developing solutions for VBG sales vertical Data backend
- Design, develop and enhance new and existing SSIS and Informatica ETLs
- Research and suggest new tools and process
- Design and develop tables, views, and queries
- Drive automated reporting solutions and accurate metric performance management requirements.
- Leverage knowledge related to sales performance, quota, funnel, pipeline and other Sales Operations-related data domains.
- Engage in detailed requirements discussions and technical requirements definitions and approach.
- Work with data management analysts, business units and IT partners to discover, coordinate and define accurate universe and cross functional relationships.
- Work on projects ranging in complexity from executive level ad hoc analysis to integration of new data into a complex reporting system.
- Work directly with various Verizon business units (GE/BM/PS/Wholesale) for aligned metric definition, labeling and reporting..
- Ensure protocol exists that will capture, audit and alert for deviations and support for quick and timely resolution.
- Coordinate technical reporting and business rule releases.
- Document all database, business rule and metric changes to users, executives/management and power users.
- Evaluate IT release activity to understand impacts to reporting for any required business rule modifications.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You are good with data and data management, you love to structure data and build processes to automate and validate dataset creation. Writing SQL queries and building data workflows is a fun afternoon for you. You are detail-oriented and know how to focus on what really matters. You understand the importance of accuracy in data analytics and reporting. You are a self-starter and a multi-tasker who can work independently under tight timelines. You want to make an impact by providing the data that will help improve the experience of our customers.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of designing and maintaining ETL tools (for example SSIS, Informatica, Datastage, Talend, etc).
- Experience writingSQL queries using RDBMS such as Teradata, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree.
- Six or more years of experience in testing concepts and how testing fits into the project life cycle.
- Some scripting language C#, Python, Java, etc.
- Understand the architecture, data structures and fundamental design principles of data warehousing.
- Experience in one or more reporting tools: Cognos, Tableau, clickview, Microstrategy, OBIEE, Power BI,
- Cross functional experience across the sales pipeline process from the marketing and funnel phase through quoting/ordering and post order completion.
- Experience with data modeling with tools such as ERwin
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.